Skopje
Bitola
Resen (Prespa)
Ohrid (UNESCO)
>> St. Naum
Struga
Kumanovo
Kriva Palanka
Strumica
Krusevo
Radovis
Prilep
Debar
Stip
Stobi
Vinica
Mavrovo
Berovo

Toronto

360 Macedonian Shop, ancient sculptures, statues, busts, Souvenirs
Sculpture - Cast Stone
Souvenirs
Key Chains


Home > Resen (Prespa) > Kurbinovo Church of St. Georgi (George) Send to friend


Kurbinovo Church of St. Georgi (George)


In the area of Lake Prespa, the most interesting Christian Orthodox temple is the Church of St. Georgi (George) in the village of Kurbinovo (uphill, few kilometers from the lake). Frescoes in this church were painted in 1191. That was the time when Byzantine Empire ruled teritory of present Republic of Macedonia, the time after the reign of Tzar Samuil, the first Slavo-Macedonian Emperor, and the founder of the first medieval Slavo-Macedonian state.This is a very simple church by its shape and dimensions, yet very important from spiritual and cultural point of view.









Privacy Policy | 360 Macedonia | About | Dream Teller | Cuisine | 360 SHOP| Comments| Contact us
© 2006 - 2013 360Macedonia.com All rights reserved.
Design & Hosting - nakka.ca